I LOVE history, and tudor history especially. It's an obsession of mine and for years I wanted to go to Hampton Court Palace to see where Henry VIII lived and breathed. It's actually this passion that led Craig and I to meet, because I was planning a vacation to England for just that purpose when I came across an english chat site. I thought it would be nice to talk to some 'locals' to find out good places to go and stay while I was there. Craig and I made profiles the exact same day. It turns out I was too shy to chat to anyone but Craig sent me a message and said he thought I seemed interesting, he works nights and gets bored so if I ever wanted to talk to message him. I did and we became friends. We really enjoyed talking to each other, we talked for hours on end and never ran out of things to say. I wasn't looking to meet anyone much less fall in love, but within a few months Craig had captured my heart.
So flash forward to this past February, we went to Hampton Court Palace and I was in heaven!!!! It was just magical and I'm not kidding when I say I could live in that place and be happy forever! I absolutely loved it! So we made our way to Henry's Royal Chapel and if you've never seen it, Its breathtaking! I will post a picture here that I found online of it, since they don't allow picture taking in the chapel itself. The picture doesn't do it justice, you have to see this place in person! I was in awe, looking around, taking it all in. I had kind of forgotten Craig was even there to be honest, I was just so wrapped up in the beauty of it and the history. At some point I turned to face Craig, and he was standing there with the ring, smiling. He said 'Will you marry me baby?' I said 'what are you doing?' (I was so wrapped up in the chapel I couldn't comprehend what was going on lol) he said 'i'm asking you to marry me' and I said ' no you're not' and he laughed and said 'yes I am' and I started crying and I said 'no you're not' while he gave me a big hug, then I came to my senses and I said yes, of course I will marry you. It was very sweet and he caught me completely off guard. I knew he would ask one day, we had talked about marriage already, but it was a complete surprise he did it then and there. Afterwards he told me he knew he wanted to ask me at Hampton Court, he just wasn't sure what part, but when he saw my reaction to the chapel he knew it was the perfect place, and it was! I'll never forget it and he made it soooo special. happy sigh!


OMG you are so cute! Loved the story. That looks like a place I would love to see. After Vern and I watch the royal wedding together, he said he wanted to take me to London to see the palace. We've been to London, just not that part. YAY!
ReplyDeletethank you :) oddly enough, I didn't see Buckingham Palace or Westminster while I was in London either! I really wish now that we had. We had planned to do the Friday before I left but we were so tired that day from all the sight seeing we had done all week we decided to take it easy that day, but when I go back I def want to see those places too!
ReplyDelete