I cannot tell you how happy Dakota was to see Craig! for the first several days he was here Koda and I were vying for position to sit by him LOL it was really funny. I told Craig he's going to be worn out by the end of his visit, having to cater to both me and Koda! I'm serious when I say Dakota did not leave that man's side the entire visit! Well..when we were home at least! Here is a picture of Koda the day Craig got here:
So he came in on the 22nd, a Thursday. I had to work on Friday but only till 3pm so I went home at lunch and got Craig and brought him up to work with me to meet everyone. Saturday we had to do some last minute shopping and then Sunday was Christmas at my brother's house which included my mom, sister Rene, her 3 kids, my brother Robert (of course), his 2 kids, and his ex wife Tammy. The following week I worked Tues-Friday but I was off the second week of Craig's visit. For NYE we put Koda in the doggie hotel at petsmart and went to my other parent's house. My dad is gone, most of you know, but my step mom Charlotte is married to Don so they are my other parents. It was a great visit, we stayed the night and played games and had Charlotte's yummy cooking! Then on Sunday my sister Cathy came over with her husband and we visited with them for a while before having to head back to Dallas. It was a great visit, I dont see them often enough. Craig really enjoyed meeting everyone he's heard so much about.
So more about Christmas...Craig and I were trying to figure out what kind of tradition we wanted to set for Christmas, since this was our first one being together physically. We opted for 'if it's midnight, it's technically Christmas' LOL so we did!! We opened our presents to each other and the ones from Craig's family around Midnight Christmas morning. Poor Koda had to wait until a few hours later (we are such mean parents) but he had a present to open from his Auntie Clair and his stocking I bought him that had I think 5 toys in it. Craig bought him lots of treats and presents too but we didn't wrap those, we just gave them to him. He was soooo cute, he was so excited and he opened them all by himself! Here is a pic of him chewing on his favorite present, the bone from Aunt Clair!
So Monday we rested lol we were tired from the travel and getting home late. Tuesday we went to see Sherlock Holmes part 2, it was GREAT! and we saw it at the movie grill which I love! and they don't have those where Craig lives so it was a treat for us both! Wednesday I took him to the Fort Worth Zoo. I went on and on about how great this zoo was, and only half the animals were even out! it was still a fun day but I was a bit disappointed. Then, in spite of my staying awake as long as possible-so Thursday wouldn't come, it came and it was time for Craig to pack and us say goodbye. boo!
I think that's all I have to tell for now. Happy New Year everyone!!! I'll keep you posted on our plans!




No comments:
Post a Comment