Monday, December 19, 2011

It's been a while!

I'm so sorry my blog friends, it's been a while since I last posted. I could give you any number of excuses but I wont bore you : )

I can hardly believe it's nearly Christmas, and that Craig and I will have been married 3 months come January 1st! How time flies! I'm very happy to report that he's coming for Christmas, he'll be here Thursday and I get to keep him for a whole 2 weeks!!! My heart is over the moon happy! So just a few short days to go!!

I've got the money to apply for my UK visa now, but we are STILL looking for a place to rent that will allow us to have our dog. Its gotten to be a bit ridiculous to be honest. We even told the many estate agents we've talked to that we are willing to pay an extra deposit if need be (that's how it's done in America anyway) but so far nothing. I just don't understand it. I could understand maybe if Koda was a puppy, still in a destructive-chewing everything-stage, but he'll be 5yrs old in January and while he's got a wild streak, he's not destructive and is completely house trained. I know what you are probably thinking...why don't I just find another home for him and not bring him. That's really not an option for me. I adopted him from the animal shelter and when I did, it was for life. I'm not giving up on my puppy just because i'm having trouble finding a place to live in England. I just wont. So in the mean time, i'm praying hard that something will come up in these next few months so that Craig and I will finally be able to be together.

Good news on the work front....when I told my boss I would likely be moving to England, he jokingly said 'well then you'll just have to do your job from there'. He really was joking, but it got my wheels spinning! We have two ladies that work at my company that have gone on to become 'contract' employees, doing their same positions but from home, one being because she moved out of state. Now I know England is a bit further from Texas than Indiana, BUT the more I thought about it, the more I could not find a reason why it wouldn't work. So I put together a formal proposal, stating all the reasons why it would work and why it would be a good idea for the company to keep me on in this manner. My boss LOVED my proposal and he backs me 100% (yay) of course it's not only up to him, so he took it to his boss, who also is a fan. From there he took it to HR to make sure it is doable and that's where it's been the past few weeks since I turned it in. Sigh. What's taking so long? I will have to know one way or the other when I go to fill out my visa paperwork so hopefully I will hear back soon. The only real question they had for me, understandably, was the time difference. I told them I would work on Texas time, it's really not a big deal. I would work 3-11pm. Craig works overnights 7pm-7am so it would work out just fine since we wouldn't be on a normal schedule anyway. So keep your fingers crossed for me guys!! and prayers are even more appreciated!

So what else is new? Craig's visits are always very busy, and this one will be no exception. Christmas we will be spent at my brother's house with my mom, sis, bro and their children then the next weekend for New Years Eve we are going to my step parents house in East Texas. That should be fun. I've made Koda a reservation at the Petsmart doggie hotel so he'll have doggie daycare and will stay overnight. He loves it there so he'll be very happy and we will all get a good nights sleep so we will be happy as well! When I took Koda with me to their house for Thanksgiving, he howled the entire time we were there. My poor baby, he just gets all out of sorts if he's in an unfamiliar place.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...I think my step mom is going to make a traditional dinner when we are there so Craig can taste a little bit of thanksgiving food! YUMMY! and he's never had catfish so on sunday we are going to have yummy southern fried catfish!! I never make it so it's a treat for us both (hopefully he'll love it!!). So before my trip down there for Thanksgiving I was gassing up the car and had a bit of a clumsy accident (anyone that knows me well is not surprised by this news lol) but I was stepping over the gas hose and thought I had cleared but the next thing I knew I was on the ground and everything hurt. It took me a minute to be able to get up. I fell on both knee caps and my left arm and right hand. I was black and blue for a few days and walking was really painful, but here we are a month later and my right knee is still hurting and I can feel a little crack across the knee cap that I dont feel in the much more healed knee. So I think I might need to go in and get an x-ray. I hate going to the doctor, though, so let's not hold our breaths lol!

Well i'm going to close for now and If I dont blog again before Christmas, I hope you all have a great holiday!!

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment