Now that Craig's visit is over (boo!) I'm throwing my energy into the wedding again. My dilema at the moment, again, is whether or not to have a reception vs going to dinner. There wont be loads of people there, less than 20, and the reception thus far is going to cost around $1000 (with upgrades etc) I know that's not a bad price, but believe me when I say i'm not getting much for that amount of money. Craig and I are going to have a reception in England so Its not as if we wont have one at all. I'm torn between the tradition of it, or just having fun and saving the money and taking everyone to dinner. Thoughts please????? I'm really really undecided about this. And we dont have long to make up our minds. Keep in mind, the wedding is in Vegas :)
So I was cleaning my place last night and I came across a pile of change on the kitchen counter. Not unusual, but when I was picking it up I noticed it was mixed with english change as well, this was Craig's pile. So I got nastalgic and wanted to leave it there bc it's his and a reminder of his vist. But alas my neater side kicked in, so I moved it lol! I'm seriously so sentimental ya'll!!
One thing I'm happy to report on is that while I miss Craig terribly, This time is actually much easier than the past visits where I would be so deeply sad for a long time after because I missed him so much. I do believe it's because the next time we are together, it will be for our wedding, and it's not very far away. You were right Meg :)
As always we are talking more and more about where we will live. Our goal is to end up in England. We go back and forth as to the path we will take to make that happen. Right now it makes more sense for him to move here for a while, then we'll move back together in a year or two. I make way more money here than I will there and we would be able to save save save, with the goal of being able to put down a big amount towards buying a house in England. The downside is US dollars are worth less than English pounds. But I think it'll be ok. I'm really very very excited to move to England, where Craig lives in the cotswolds is unbelievably beautiful!! i'll post a pic at the end so you can see. It's a pic from his back patio. So maybe we should forgo all the savings and I should just go there? I know ya'll are prob sick of hearing me go back and forth lol but we really need to make the best decision for us to set up our future, especially since we want kids right away :)
This post has been most random!

I told you so ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd be inclined to just do a really nice dinner- rather than the full reception. A good friend of mine had their wedding at a restaurant and it was really nice. You could still work with the restaurant to make it a bit special and "reception-y".