I took my dress to the seamstress on Saturday, I think I picked a great one, we really clicked. She's a one woman alterations business that runs out of a tiny house. I feel like she will give more personal attention and her reviews online were terrific, so I'm in good hands. 2 things happened that made me go huh?...the first is she said 'You are wearing a bra or you want me to sew in cups?' ummmm *chews lip* well...I don't know! Sew in cups? hmmm. I had actually planned to get a long line bra, but while I was there in the dress - it's lower in the back than I remembered so I think sewing in cups is a must, just in case the low line bra isn't low enough. Let me clarify, my back isn't completely open, the dress just hits lower than I remember. So I asked my friend Kim about this cup business...b/c she had hers sewn in. I asked her how they do it and she said they set them in place and then pin them so they know where to sew them. At my look of horror she said Yes Christy, she will prob touch your boob. Oh deary me....maybe the bra doesn't sound so bad after all? hahah! jk, I'll do cups. But I have to go get them at the sewing store in my cup size (apparently Martha doesn't keeps cups laying around) so that should be interesting, gonna go do that tomorrow so I can take them with me for my appt with her on Saturday. She's taking some of the crinoline from the bottom so it wont be bulky, not going for princess skirt! So once we get that set then she'll alter the length. I've decided to leave the train, mostly b/c my mom said NO! to cutting it off. It really is pretty with it anyway. The second huh? moment was when I was standing there while she went to talk to a customer who had just walked in and I felt something crawling on my leg! ACK! so I raise my leg and nope, wasn't a creepy crawly...was sweat! EWWWW! My poor legs were smothering under the dress! I didn't feel hot but my legs were I guess lol soooo....ummm...what the heck am I gonna do about that??? shorten the dress enough to let air get under it? Where a southern style hoop? help!!
So I ordered my bouquet a while back. She said she would mail it on Aug 10th, but that date came and went and here I sit with no bouquet. After my second email she responded and said she will mail it tomorrow and send me the tracking numbers. I'm skeptical but hopeful. Her reviews are 99% positive, but the 1% that are negative are complaints about her time management and of her saying she would mail them and didn't. So that made me nervous. But i'll just keep contacting her until I get it.
The reception is a go. Mostly because the hotel wouldn't let me cancel. Well, they wouldn't give me my deposit back I should say. They would happily cancel, but keep my $500. Fine. Whatever. They really should put that policy on their paperwork when you do the booking. I'm having a bit of a problem getting her to contact me so I can finalize everything for dinner. Don't you worry, I will call every day If I have to. Just wish it wasn't such a pain, why can't vendors just be friendly and get back with you? Not a great way to run a business in my opinion. On the other side, the wedding coordinator at the chapel has been amazing!
and lastly....boarding Koda. :( When I went to London my friend Brooke kept Koda for me, the sweet girl that she is. This time around I will need to board him but i'm torn between boarding at his vet clinic's office, where he would be taken care of, but be bored out of his mind, Orrrrrrr at Petsmart where he will be able to play at doggie daycare all day each day. He loves it there but it's twice the price and i'm not sure I have the money for him to go there. Might have to work some overtime so he can go there. It's going to break my heart to take him anywhere because I want him with me lol too bad he cant come to Vegas! oh gosh...if he did that place would never be the same *cringing at the thought*
No comments:
Post a Comment