Let me preface this by saying Koda really is a very good dog, and he doesn't MIND a bath..but he doesn't love it either. He's 70lbs and too big to fit in the bathtub so I take him to the dog wash, it's a self-service place with all the grooming tools and tubs and you do the work. But they do the toenails yay! So Saturday morning I woke up feeling energetic and decided to take him for a bath. I said a little prayer (yes I really did) bc it doesn't always go very smoothly and last time we went the man working got onto me about all the dog hair. He wasn't nice about it, I had to complain to the owner who said 'that's why you bring them here, so we deal with the mess' but I was still worried that man might be working there that day. To my great relief he wasn't. I did brush Koda alot before we went, but given that he's a husky, he sheds alot anyway even if you think you've brushed every stray hair. So we go in and I pick the very last tub, so that we aren't around anyone else in case we make a mess (we always do). There was only 1 other customer in at the time who kept trying to talk to me from 4 tubs away, with us both using the water lol I think I must have said 'huh?' a thousand times. Koda was content because he could watch her dog. He's happier when he can watch other dogs or people, he doesn't get so restless. So I am bathing him and 2 more customers come in, one of them selects the tub right in front of ours. Sigh. It was fine except that every time Koda shook, the soap and water got all over the man's back. Then there was the unfortunate time I accidentally sprayed him with the water hose while I was rinsing Koda (oopsie). Well I sprayed myself too but i'm not sure that was any consolation lol no really, the man was a good sport, but I was still mortified. So we're almost done with our bath and the girl who works there came over and was messing with the drain. I looked at the end of the tub and we had clogged the drain and water was flowing onto the floor (oopsie again) I apologized and she said it's ok, it always happens with huskies. So I finished bathing him, toes all done yay! I was as wet as he was but that's ok. I did start to dry him but it blows the excess hair everywhere so it looked like it snowed a little. To my credit, and the worker's relief, I didn't dry him completely (mostly because there really was a large amount of hair blowing everywhere!) So we're done yes? I put his collar on and we walk towards the front, Koda pulling me and me trying not to slip in all the water we got on the floor. At the counter (whew we made it! Success!) I am starting to apologize to the lady about the mess we made while i'm digging in my purse for my wallet, at the same time Koda smells something yummy on the counter. He jumped up, knocking over an entire bowl of treats - all over the floor! I was overwhelmed at this point, I was trying to pull him back so he wouldn't eat them all while thinking what do I do? Pick them up and put them in the bowl? Is that even sanitary? How am I gonna get them up and keep him from eating them at the same time? All the while he's still eating them. I gave up and let him. Problem solved lol So then I'm apologizing for the mess he's made at the counter and grabbing my keys and another customer reminds me that I still have the apron on LOL I forgot to take it off after I bathed him. That must have looked cute. But all in all, not a bad day and now my furry monster is soft and smelling pretty!
another silly thing from today...coming in from our walk I noticed a leaf stuck to his back leg. I bend down to pull it off and it really is stuck! it seems Koda stepped in gum. Never a dull moment!!
Thank heavens for pet health insurance, they covered his 4th of July incident almost in full. What a blessing that is, If you dont have health insurance for your pet I highly recommend PetFirst, they are fantastic.

No comments:
Post a Comment