Yesterday when I got home from work I was walking Dakota and the local news truck kept driving past, they were very obviously lost. Easy to do because my complex has alot of tiny streets and some are missing the street signs. So I finally asked them what street they were looking for, and it turns out it was mine. Hmmmm. It was the next building. So we finish our walk and I go inside. About an hour later Koda needed to go out again (he drinks copious amounts of water when we come in for a walk) this would be a short one, take him to this favorite tree and done lol so I walk him out and the news truck is still there. Hmmmm. (I PROMISE I was not being nosy. I was curious, of course, but not nosy) So Koda wouldn't use the bathroom, it was all a ruse to go outside (maybe HE wanted to be nosy haha) so we are walking back towards my building and the news people are coming out and down the sidewalk. I said Yay you found it :) and the man said "yeah, thanks. are ya'll still walking?" (as in, from before. in this heat? is he crazy? heavens no!) I said no but he likes to go out alot. In the mean time, they are getting closer and Koda sees the opportunity to make new friends. And that's where it all went wrong. I was trying to get Koda up on the steps and towards my door before they were beside us on the side walk, in my mind i'm seeing him trying to say hello in the form of jumping on the man carrying the VERY expensive news camera, so while i'm trying to pull him my way, he throws himself down on the sidewalk like a 2yr old! oh Koda...not now....and he would not get up lol the reporter had to step over him! I was so embarrassed because I know they think we have been creeping, being nosey, and now I can't get my dog up off the sidewalk because he's having a tantrum. sighhhhhhhhhh
In other Koda news...he had his teeth cleaned last week and upon closer inspection of his broken tooth, they saw that the pulp is exposed (the pulp is what holds the blood vessels and nerves) and the tooth has to come out. My poor baby. It's always something. So he's having dental surgery on friday. Oh yes, it's not as simple has them just pulling a tooth, they have to cut into his poor gums and cut it out and then pack the jaw bone with some sort of material, I forgot what she called it. Can nothing be simple? or inexpensive? no. But alas it has to be done, I cant have my baby in pain. I pray that this will be IT for a very long time because it seems like it's been one thing after another this year for him. My poor furry monster.

Poor Dakota! He's so lucky to have a devoted mommy. Are you taking him with you to England? Does he have to stay in quarantine for a while there?
ReplyDeleteI'll be moving to Reading, which is farther east of where you'll be, but it is just West of London. When are you going?
He really is LOL I feel bad for pets who dont have owners who really care about their well being and health. I'm prob over the top but he's my baby and I have to make sure he's healthy and happy :) He is def coming with me to England, he wont have to be in quarantine (I could never do that to him) thank heaven there is a pet passport, he just has to have a special blood test done and have all his shots and microchip (that's already done anyway) then a USDA vet certifies him and away we go! I think he will prefer England to here because the heat is so hard on him.
ReplyDeleteWe are getting married Oct 1st and I would like to go asap but I'm going to finish out the year here so I can tie up lose ends, do my taxes etc etc. When I think about everything I have to do before and in order to move I panic a bit but its ok. Just figuring out what to take what to sell...its hard! When are you moving? We should keep in touch when we move!