Monday, June 6, 2011

It's over so soon?

And just like that, our week is over. The time leading up to it was so slow, and the time together so fast. The good news is our next visit will be our wedding in just 4 months, then visas to be worked out and then i'll never have to say goodbye to him again (well, you know how I mean). We had a great week and thank you all for your advice on what to do! Saturday Craig and I got a tattoo (dont tell my mom lol) Craig's was quite detailed and we had to go back again on Sunday so they could finish it up. His took 9 hours in total! Mine was 2hrs and If I had had to go any longer I think I would have cried! It's my first one, I got a daisy, for my dad. He passed away 9yrs ago. His birthday is in April and daisy is April's flower. I wanted something that would show at the wedding since he wont be there, so I got it in the middle of my back. I'll post a picture of it here. We had lunch with my mom and step dad that day as well and it went great! it was the first time they had met Craig and mom wanted to spend more time with him, but she works nights so it wasn't really possible with her having to sleep during the day. Monday we were supposed to spend time with my best friend Karen, but alas, Koda had other plans for us. Sunday night we ordered pizza. It came, but we had to run to the corner store so I put it on the stove and out we went. We were only gone a few minutes, and I honestly didn't even think about Dakota getting the pizza until we were already driving and I thought well...it's just a few minutes, i'm sure it'll be fine. Ohhh how wrong I was! We walked back in the door and the first thing we see is the pizza box, empty of course, and Koda across the room licking out the remaining drops of garlic butter from its little container. Sigh. I dont have to tell you the effect it had on his stomach. I had to cancel our plans with Karen because of him having to go to the bathroom repeatedly. He finally started getting back to normal on Tuesday lol. So the rest of the week we didn't do a whole lot, we were thinking of going to the Fort Worth Zoo, I really wanted to show him that as he loves animals as much as I do but we were quite lazy and as it was so hot outside we never quite got around to getting excited about walking around the zoo in 100 degree heat. But even though we didn't do much, it was still perfect. We relaxed and watched loads of movies and american TV shows I had recorded on the DVR to show him. It was really nice. Our visits are usually so jam packed with things to do that we hardly have time for relaxing, so it was great! Dakota especially loved it lol he adores Craig. He's still kind of mopey and not playing much, he really misses him. He kept looking for him saturday night after I got back from the airport, even in the shower lol. A few things Craig did get to experience while here: a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from McD's (american biscuit, english biscuits are cookies), cornbread, steak - texas style!, and 2 diff kinds of mac and cheese, of which he is not a fan lol! OHHH! I nearly forgot to talk about this!!! There is a show on TLC called 'my big fat gypsy wedding' and it's about 'travelers' that live in England. O M G i'm completely addicted! I'm glad Craig was here when it came on, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes!! If you haven't seen it, you MUST watch!!!! and if you do, tell me your thoughts!



5 comments:

  1. Pretty tattoo! I like introducing Vernon to traditional American food and foods native to the local area. Pasty's are big up here EH! although they originated from Cornwall, I'm sure they are different here somehow. I have yet to try a real Cornish Pasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I almost forgot.. Please follow my page on facebook! It's new! "Sexy Chicken Was Here" and tell your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig talks about Pasty's, but i've never had one. I'm confused by what they are exactly LOL! You know what I had in England that I LOOOOOVED....scones with fresh clotted cream and jam. It was sooo good. I love their bacon too. To be honest, I loved all the food I had there! Its a world away from the southern food i'm used to, but it was yummy and I wish I could get it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of the bacon. Afraid to try the clotted cream, kind of a gross name.. i have odd likes and dislikes to food. If you ever make it up to 'da nort' woods I'll take you out for a pasty eh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh dont fear the clotted cream! Its yummy! I expected it to be like butter (because of how it looks I guess) but it's nothing like it, it's like really thick whipped cream. sort of. lol! Vernon could explain it better than me, but when/if you do have it, make sure the scone is fresh and warm! and you have a deal! If I ever make it up your way we'll have a pasty date!! :)

    ReplyDelete