Southern Belle meets Knight in Shining Armour! What happens when my true love isn't even on the same continent? My story of love, wedding planning, and moving from Texas to England, add in one badly behaved furry monster named Dakota and the fun really begins!
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Dakota going to the doctor
So the other night i'm petting koda....and i feel something on his neck. so i sort through all the fur and see a black spot. It looked like it might be a tick to me. I went and got my neighbor, Chris, who said she has experience pulling them out etc. Ok..good. I really didn't think I could do it. At All! So she tried a few things to get it to come out on it's own and nothing worked. Then she got the tweezers *cringe*. She tried and tried to pull it out and the only thing that happened was it started bleeding badly. Ok...it's a tick...she squeezed it and it's bleeding. and it looked much smaller after. good yes? not so much. It turns out this is not a tick afterall, it's a growth. a black one. I cried and cried and cried. My poor baby. He's going to the vet on saturday so we'll see what they say. I feel like a horrible mommy for having put him through that and it wasn't a tick at all. Granted, he was a trooper, layed there and trusted us completely and it didn't seem like it bothered him much so at least I know it's not hurting him. But wtf is it? :(
Labels:
Dakota
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor koda, glad you're getting him looked at saturday instead of waiting till i get there!
ReplyDelete:( poor Koda.... keep me posted!!!
ReplyDeletethis is Karen again...