Where I live we have TONS of squirrels and the other day I was pulling into my parking space and there was one laying in my spot, legs out, head and tail down. I stopped and thought omg poor little thing is dead! did I hit him and not know? :( so while i'm tearing up thinking i'm a murderer, he popped his head up and looked at me. hahaha! he still didn't move, though. hmmmm. So I got out of the car and walked towards him and he jumped up and ran to the nearest tree to glare at me. Whew...he's ok! But really mr. squirrel...why the heck where you laying like that? Since then Koda and I have seen loads of squirrels laying that way - and I think it's because it's so hot and they are just cooling off in the shade. Dakota loves this because he is convinced he has a chance at catching one of the elusive furry things. (I don't tell him he's wrong, it gives him a goal in life).

No comments:
Post a Comment