Friday, July 15, 2011

Taking a wedding dress on a plane O_o

Ya'll....I know you are prob sick of hearing about this wedding lol but it's always on my mind! I'll try to think of something else to write about besides dakota and the wedding, but I will have trouble coming up with anything hahah!

So last night in my sleep I was thinking about this dress..and how the heck do I travel with it!!!! HELP!!!!! it's not going to fit in a suit case, and i'm not going to stuff it and get it all wrinkled trying, so it will have to go as carry on with me. But where do I put it once i'm on the plane *gasp* because the thought of putting my gorgeous dress in an overhead compartment just makes me cringe! It has a clear garment bag it's in, the one it came in from the store, but should I get a new one that isn't see through? it's a pretty big bag-do they even make regular garment bags that size? eeeeeeeek!

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. what about shipping it and making sure it is trackable and insured? adding extra insurance really isn't that expensive. (I used to work for FedEx) I know the thought of you separating yourself from your dress is probably frightening.. but you could look into it. Plus, if you choose to travel with it, I would get a garment bag you cannot see through. Wedding dresses are valuable and you don't want to flash it around. Lots of crazies out there. Why don't you try contacting the airline you are flying with. Explain the situation. You do NOT want baggage handlers touching your dress... I have found potato chip crumbs in my suitcase once.. PISSED ME OFF! Not to mention gross! Let me know what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely what i'm leaning towards, i'm going to email the wedding coordinator to ask if I can have it shipped to her the day before I arrive so I can track it. Hopefully FedEx can help me with packing options so it wont get completely wrinkled! :)

    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I flew to Alaska from England with a bridesmaid dress as a carry-on, I know not as expensive or as important as a dress, but they had a place for it to hang on the plane. I would in no way check it as baggage the thoughts of it getting wrecked or even worse lost would be terrible. As Kimberly said check with your airline!! x
    ~american baker

    ReplyDelete