Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Train or No Train?

When I picked out my wedding dress, I was in love with the top of it. The sweetheart neckline and sparkles on the bodice, and the corset!! I really wanted a corset. But when I envisioned our Vegas wedding I really wanted a fairly simple dress, meaning - no cumbersome train. Well my gorgeous dress has a train and i'm thinking about cutting it off. Well, not me personally lol but when I take it for the alterations. Would that be weird? It's beautiful with it, really makes it flow in the back, but it also makes it so formal. In the meantime I need to find a good seamstress in Dallas that wont charge me a million dollars to adjust the length, wish me luck!

For now we are keeping the reception space. I looked into having dinner in the steakhouse at the hotel after, in a private room, but it actually costs more! I was shocked too. So for now we are keeping it as is, but as the event gets closer less people are able to go so if we only end up with a few folks then i'll cancel it and we'll just go to dinner somewhere. I'm not overly fussed about this outcome because we are having a nice reception in England early next year anyway. More than anything I want everyone to have fun and feel relaxed. I dont want stuffy and formal - I just want to celebrate our love with our close friends and family.

Craig has been looking at wedding bands! This makes me absolutely giddy! I cannot wait to see it on his finger, whatever one he finally decides on lol!

and just a Dakota update, he's still doing good!!! a little progress every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment